Bailey T70 Spyder
The Spyder project was borne as a one off for a special customer of Bailey Cars. We are now able to offer customers this unique car in a limited number only. The Bailey T70 Spyder is based on the brilliant Bailey version 2 GT40. Although It is 100kg’s lighter at 950kgs and so should give all the other Bailey Models a hard time on the racetrack.
- Laser cut carbon steel space frame chassis (which has a torsional stiffness of 14500Nm/deg).
- Laser cut aluminium panels which are then bonded and riveted to the chassis.
- Complete welded in roll cage as standard on all models with removable side bars on road car.
- Increased cockpit space for driver comfort and safety.
- The front suspension layout is a fully independent double wishbone type.
- The rear is an independent double trailing arm with transverse top link and lower wishbone.
- Shock absorbing comes from coil over type with H&R springs.
- With either A.V.O or optional Penske Dampers.
- Different spring and damper set ups available to suit either road or track usage.
- Billet aluminium 7075 uprights with easy bearing change and quick set up adjustments.
- Aurora rod ends fitted as standard.
- 2.4 turns lock to lock steering ratio.
- Brakes are 4 pot AP Racing calipers.
- Twin A.P racing master cylinders with brake bias bar as standard.
- Race car has dash mounted brake bias adjusting knob.
- Choice of either 295mm discs for road and track day.
- 330mm discs with brake cooling for full spec race versions.
- Brake pad compounds available to suit various types of car usage.
- Brake cooling ducts fitted standard on any track spec car.
Wheels & Tyres
- Road wheels are 15, or 17-inch Halibrand with 8-inch-wide front and 10-inch-wide rears.
- Mickey Thompson, BF Goodridge or Good Year Blue streak tyres available in 15 inch in RSA.
- Many more 17-inch Brands available.
- 16-inch 3-piece BRM centre and Real “outers” to suit a range of slick tyres depending on which series the car will be used in.
- The original style body comprises six moulded GRP sections.
- GRP body work in polyester as standard or epoxy as option.
- We make all Bodies per order custom light weight for racing or thicker for better paint finish on a show car.
- Race car has polycarbonate front windscreen.
- Rear gurney flap.
- The interior has original Smith gauges.
- 13-inch, 3 spoke steering wheel
- Rake and height adjustable steering column
- Leather covered dash in either left hand or right-hand drive
- Sliding floor mounted Bailey Cars pedals
- Sliding passenger footrest
- Sliding seats in road car
- Comfortable race type bucket seat covered in leather and Alcantara with original style silver rivets.
- Cockpit space for tall drivers up to 6 foot 5 inches tall
- Air conditioning is available as an option for road or race car
- Semi carpeted and leather interior on road car as standard
- Extra heat and sound deadening added to road cars
- Roll cage padding as standard
- Gear shifter & Handbrake located in centre of car
Engine & Fuel System
- Small block Ford 302 cubic inch V8 engine starting at 380hp
- Race cars can have up to 550hp 346 c.i. Ford motor sport engines fitted
- Wet or dry sump lubrication available depending on usage and gearbox choice
- Choice of Holley Carburettor, Webber IDA, IDF or fuel injection.
- 90 litre fuel tank capacity
- Rubber bladder type fuel tank with anti surge foam as standard
- Exhaust silencers fitted to road car
- Holley fuel pump
- Oil cooler with braided lines and Aeroquip fitting
- Aluminium radiator with dual electric fans.
Gearbox & Clutch
- Road spec cars fitted with 6 speed RHS or Ricardo gearbox
- track day spec cars have a 6 speed Ricardo gearbox
- Full race cars with dry sump only have either ZF, QZF, Ricardo or Getrag G50
- Clutch and flywheel to suit application
- Wheel Base 2425mm
- Body Height 1016mm
- Body Length 4120mm
- Body Width 1850mm
- Cockpit Width 1070mm
- Cockpit Height 870mm
- Cockpit Length 1500mm