Bailey Cars added the famous 917 to its range in 2007. The car was completely modeled from original plans. This ensured that the car kept the mystique of the original. Bailey did do some necessary changes to the car to insure that running costs and safety were optimised.
Since then customers have taken delivery of the Bailey 917 and many competitors have been blown away by the awesome performance of this iconic race car. As was once said about this car resistance was futile!
- Laser cut carbon steel space frame chassis
- Laser cut aluminium panels which are then bonded and riveted to the chassis
- Complete welded in roll cage
- Chassis is identical looking to original except roughly 3 times stronger
- Front: Unequal length double wishbone, with 2 way adjustable damper and height adjustable coil over spring.
- Rear: The rear is also an independent double trailing arm with transverse top link and lower wishbone.
- Billet aluminium 7075 uprights with easy bearing change and quick set up.
- Aurora rod ends fitted as standard
- Radial mounted 4 pot AP Racing calipers
- Twin AP racing master cylinders with brake bias bar as standard
- Dash mounted remote brake bias adjusting knob
- 325mm by 32mm thick ventilated floating discs all round.
- Brake cooling ducts all round as standard
- Brake pad compounds available to suit various types of car usage
Wheels and tyres
- Centre nut quick tighten 3 piece 16″ diameter rim
- 15″ wide rear tyres
- 10.5″ wide front tyres
- To fit Good Year Eagle slicks available in RSA.
- The original style body comprises eight molded GRP sections.
- Front windscreens in Shatterproof SABS approved glass.
- Side windows in poly-carbonate with hinging flap as on original 917
- Front and Rear gurney flap standard
- The interior has original VDO white dial with black faces
- 13-inch, 3 spoke steering wheel
- Rake and height adjustable steering column
- Alcantara covered dash
- Right hand drive only
- Sliding floor mounted BEC pedals
- Driver foot rest
- race type bucket seat covered in alcantara
- cockpit space for tall drivers up to 6 foot 5 inches tall
- bare aluminium clad cockpit finish with powder coating colour of choice
- Roll cage padding
- 6-point racing harness
- 4 nozzle electronic fire extinguisher
Engine and fuel system
- The Chassis is constructed to install any air cooled Porsche 6 cylinder motor in normally aspirated or turbo form, as per the purchaser specification.
- Dry sump lubrication Patterson 5 gallon tank
- 2 stage high pressure fuel pump system
- Go – tech or Dictator engine management system
- 80 litre fuel tank capacity
- Rubber bladder fuel tank and anti surge foam
- Aero quip fittings as standard
Gearbox and clutch
- The gearbox of choice is the Porsche G50, G60 or Hewland type
- Either a road spec clutch, intermediate spec or full race double plate.
- LSD as standard in gearboxes fitted
- Wheel Base 2310mm
- Body Height 970mm
- Body Length 4250mm
- Body Width 2050mm
- Ground Clearance 70mm
- Cockpit Width 970mm
- Cockpit Height 760mm
- Cockpit Length 1400mm
- Max Driver Height 6ft 5 with helmet